This summary has been shortened for your convenience. A full version and more detailed explanations can be found here.
1. Tax Cuts to Help America’s Small Businesses Hire and Grow
- Cutting the payroll tax in half for 98 percent of businesses
- A complete payroll tax holiday for added workers or increased wages
- Reforms and regulatory reductions to help entrepreneurs and small businesses access capital.
- And more
2. Putting Workers Back on the Job While Rebuilding and Modernizing America
- A “Returning Heroes” hiring tax credit for veterans
- Preventing up to 280,000 teacher layoffs
- Modernizing at least 35,000 public schools across the country
- Immediate investments in infrastructure and a bipartisan National Infrastructure Bank
- A New “Project Rebuild”
- Expanding access to high-speed wireless
3. Pathways Back to Work for Americans Looking for Jobs.
- The most innovative reform to the unemployment insurance program in 40 years
- A $4,000 tax credit to employers for hiring long-term unemployed workers.
- Prohibiting employers from discriminating against unemployed workers
- Expanding job opportunities for low-income youth and adults
4. Tax Relief for Every American Worker and Family
- Cutting payroll taxes in half for 160 million workers next year
- Allowing more Americans to refinance their mortgages at today’s near 4 percent interest rates
5. Fully Paid for as Part of the President’s Long-Term Deficit Reduction Plan