Data Source: bls.gov
Obama entered office late January 2009. Considering he didn't have any time to pass any legislation in a the last few days of the month, the effects of this month are still on Bush.
- In the 6 month span preceding Obama's presidency nearly 3.2 million jobs were lost. The recession was in full swing and we were losing jobs at a faster rate every month.
- Obama passed the Stimulus in early February, his first full month as president. Instead of following the trend of increasing job loss the next 6 months showed a near 20% improvement.
- The following 6 months showed an 80% improvement over the rate of job loss before the Stimulus
- From this point on the economy started gaining jobs. The economy gained over 2 million jobs in the latter 3 6 month groups.
- The most recent 6 month period showed a 125% improvement over the pre-Stimulus economy