- Stimulus caused a net gain of 2.5 million jobs. Without the stimulus, 2.5 million more people would not have jobs today. (September 2011)
- Private sector lost 4.6% of its jobs before Obama came into office
- Before the Stimulus passed the economy was literally nose-diving. 5 months after the Stimulus passed the recession ended, we were stable
- Since the end of the Great Recession the private sector grew by 1.6% (September 2011)
- Impeding recovery is the loss of over 600,000 state and municipal jobs since Obama entered office.
- If state and municipal jobs stayed the same, unemployment would currently be 8.86% or better (September 2011)
- Gave businesses financial aide to extend health care to retirees who are 55 and not yet eligible for Medicare.
- 4 million prescription rebate checks mailed to seniors
- 18.9 million seniors have received free medical services
- Allowed 1 million additional young adults to become insured through their parents insurance
(More to come)